In the year 1910 there was no high school for a radius of 40 K.M from Kodumudi, between Erode and Karur, and also no high school at Kangayam also on the south. Thiru.K.S.Narayana Iyer of Kodumudi was running a school on the pial of his house for children. In February 1910, Thiru. Mulanoor Muthusamy Gounder, who was then residing at Kodumudi joined hands with K.S.Narayana Iyer and named the School as “ Sri Sankara Vidya Sala, Kodumudi”.              
  Thereafter on 06.05.1910 Thiru.K.S.Narayana Iyer executed a settlement deed, donating his house at East Agraharam to Sri Sankara Vidya Sala Board with absolute rights. Similarly, on the Same day Mulanoor Muthusmy Gounder executed another settlement deed donating absolutely to the “ Sri Sankara Vidya Sala, Kodumudi” an extent of Nanjai acres 1.36 and a teracced house and 3 shops. On 16.05.1910 they started the minute book titling it as “ Sri Sankara Vidya Sala, Kodumudi” proceeding book.
                    As entered in that minute book, the first meeting was held on 01.01.1911 by K.S.Narayana Iyer and Mulanoor Muthusamy Gounder as Board of Trustees. The central hall and two rows of buildings on the either side for class rooms were constructed in the occupied Natham land. As per the minute book, It was resolved on 24.10.1912 that as K.S.Narayana Iyer was bedridden for a long time with heavy fever, Mulanoor Muthusamy Gounder and Andikadu Muthusamy Gounder were appointed to look after all the works of the Board K.S.Narayana Iyer died shortly thereafter.
                  On 13.03.1914 this Board was registered under central societies Registration Act as “Kodumudi Sri Sankara Vidya Sala Board”. On 30.01.1917  Thiru.C.Periasami Gounder and 30 others were inducted as members of the Board.From 1918 till his death in 1985 C.Periasami Gounder served as Secretary and correspondent of the Board.             
                      In 1918 it was resolved to upgrade the school as High school for which large amount was required. The Board members approached Thiru.Perianna Chettiar, a wealthy money Lender at Kodumudi, and he readily agreed to donate nanjai acres 4.76 and executed a settled deed Date:12.12.1918. Then he was admitted as a member of the Board, then as Vice-president and on 24.04.1920 he was elected as President in which post, he continued till his death on 1932. On 23.04.1926 he executed an another settlement deed whereby he donated his entire immovable properties to an extent of 8.26 acres of wet land and 35.58 acres of land at Sivagiri. On 31.12.1991 Mrs. Leelavathi of Kosakhatur donated the board an extent of acre 0.97. Mrs.K.S.P.Meenakshiammal wife of Late. THIRU.K.S.Periasamy Gounder of Kuttapalayam donated an extent of acres 9.98 in punjai Kolanalli village. Thiru.C.G. Swamynathan of Kodumudi donated to the Board an extent of total  2.00acres.         
                          After being upgraded as High school, the first batch of SSLC students passed out in the year 1922. There after, In 1978 this was upgraded as S.S.V Higher Secondary School, where in co-education is being conducted for 11th and 12th classes.           
               Under the Board a separate S.S.V girls High School was started in 1966 S.S.V Nursery and Primary Schools were started at Kodumudi in 1979, at Sivagiri in 1986 and at Kolanalli in 1990. At Sivagiri it was upgraded as Matriculation School in 1989 and as Matriculation higher Secondary School in 1994.           
                          In S.S.V Higher Secondary School at Kodumudi, all the buildings are in a dilapidated condition. The central hall and the buildings on either side were tiled buildings constructed about the years 1912 and 1913. The other tiled buildings on the east of it were constructed in 1930s. The Silver Jubilee hall was built in 1936 and the tiled buildings surrounding this were constructed in 1950s and 1960s. All these buildings were posing dangerous situation to the students. More over as per the present Government Norms, all the buildings must only be terraced and no tiled roof buildings are allowed to function. This year itself we obtained continue recognition for running the school, only on promise that we will construct new terraced building before the commencement of the 2016 academic  year.